Using FTP on the Windows VM
Click here to view exercise as a PDF instead.
This exercise will show you how to access the FTP server used for materials for the course.
1. Files containing data, programs, and other information in support of class exercises are stored on a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server. Your VMs are pre-installed with an FTP client called FileZilla; find the FileZilla Client icon on your desktop.
2. Double-click the FileZilla Client icon to start the program. Note that the file listing in the left pane looks very much like Windows File Explorer; it is showing you files that are on your local computer (i.e., the Windows VM).
3. In the upper-left of the FileZilla windows, find the Site Manager icon and click on the down arrow.
4. When the When the Site Manager dialogue box opens, click on FTP SERVER FTP.
5. Once the Unknown certificate dialogue box opens, Click OK to close.
Note: You can to check the Always trust certificate in future sessions.
6. You are now connected to the FTP server. See the remote site panel for files pertaining to the exercises.
Note: Files will be placed on the FTP server during the progression of the courses in the minor; additional information will be provided as appropriate
CyberExplorations Exercises by Glenn S. Dardick is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.